Friday, October 16, 2009

Blog 2


Tuesday October 13th, 2009

Today the rain has been off and on. It rained overnight, and i left my window open slightly, so after getting into my car I had to give it a nice little wipe down before heading off to school. Even there the rain came and went. After a day at school, I went once again to the beach to meet up with a friend for a nice run along the highway. We started in Corona Del Mar and made our way north towards Newport/Huntington, About halfway through, we turned a bend and saw a beautiful rainbow in the sky. It was dropping perfectly out of the sky from a cloud into the ocean below it. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Magenta all spilled one on top of the other in a perfect cascade into the sea. The sky seemed to have two shades even, a darker blue towards the East, and a lighter blue towards the West, where the sun was about to set. The reflections off of the clouds was also very beautiful, the dark clouds bouncing off a radiant white glow at some parts gave it a very "heavenly" feel. As we passed the little house looking over the ocean, we watched as the rainbow slowly started to diminish. I thought about the last time it rained, I could see the end of that rainbow perfectly falling into the parking lot of a grocery store, I wanted to desperately get a picture at the end of that rainbow,basking in its light, however the closer I came to the end of that rainbow... the further it kept running from me. one day i will catch my rainbow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment